What is an Usher?
· A church usher is an officer of the church he/she serves.
· The church usher helps the Pastor to make the service a success by putting the congregation in the right frame of mind to receive the message.
· The usher meets the people with a pleasant smile, a warm welcome and directs them to comfortable seats.
· Ushers are forerunners, for they prepare the church for the guests by being the first to arrive at the church
· They see that church literature, collection envelopes and any other items that are to be distributed to the congregation are in their proper places.
· Church Ushers are missionaries for the church for they perpetuate the spirit throughout the congregation.
Our purpose as the Ushers’ ministry to live out, “What is an Usher”; be committed to the call and to serve the body of Christ in the local Church.