VISION: To teach and disciple the kids with the ultimate goal of leading them to Christ.
MISSION: Present lessons (train up a child) on a level of understanding in terms of their age which will enable them to grasp and remember and live for Christ (to never depart from it).
To be able to fulfil our vision and mission, the following is proposed for 2012:
1) A 1-day Teacher’s Workshop before the TLC Kids commences in 2012.
Purpose: To empower/equip teachers on:
- How to work with the kids
- How to deal with different types of characteristics/behaviour
- The importance of knowing each child
- To lay a spiritual foundation
- How to prepare lessons
- How to present positive teaching
- How to be positive models
2) Meet quarterly and have “brain storms”
The purpose of this is to involve the teachers (unity /ownership) in the setting of goals, programmes, drafting of lessons, allocate responsibilities, identify and address weaknesses, get solutions to weaknesses/problems and identify any improvements on what we are currently doing.
GOALS FOR THE KIDS:
- To instill a daily habit of of serving God.
- To have an appreciation for the Bible and God’s Word and prayer.
- To have the assurance that they are a part of the church.
- To memorise Bible verses.
Further to the above, the following is also proposed (for further discussions):
- Annual visit to a children’s home – Outreach (kids to minister) – This could take place any time of the year (date to be set)
- Have an art session every six months
- TLC Kids Camp